Stadtwappen Bad Reinerz

 

Bad Reinerz / Niederschlesien

subheader_r03
Bad

Bad

Bad Reinerz 1802

Kurmittel

Photos and Postcards Kurpark and Bad (partly)

1862 Bad vom Rosalienberg gesehen

Time Chart

1468

 

The "Kalte Quelle" is known.

1748

 

The "Kalte-Quelle" is used on a regular basis

1751

 

Use of the “Kalte Quelle” for recovery purpose

1752

05. May

Reperature of the Sauerbrunnen (Owner: Schmied

 

 

Jacob Kastner)

1769

17. March

Contract with the bricklayer Müller from Glatz for the building of a fountain house

1769

22. Jul

Severe destruction due to a extreme cloudburst in Niederkohlau

1769

Jul.

Roof above the “Kalte Quelle”

1771

22. May

Burglary at the fountain house, with Karl Seiffert and Anton Seibt involved

 

 

Franz Bernatschke, Karl Sandmann, Joseph Liebig.

1772

 

Attempt to establish a pharmacy, done by the pharmacist Steiner

1774

 

The “Sauer- und Gesundbrunnen” gets a frame

1787

16. Jun

Huge cloudburst in the area of the “Hummel”,the” Roms- und Niedergasse”was flodded,the Papiermühle (paper mill) was endangered.

1788

 

Beginning of the “driving” postal service.

1797

 

In Franz Kastner’s house several citizens of Reinerz

 

 

(among them were Kaplan Weidlich, headmaster Fritsch, Franz Krause and Marwan) attempted

 

 

to take a bath in the “Warme Quelle”,

1797

 

Discovery of "Lauen-Quelle" by the teacher Fritsch on the estate

 

 

of the worker Aulich. The Quelle was bought by the judge Rambach

 

 

from Breslau, followed by the establishment of a bath and fountain inspection

1799

 

Establishment of a pharmacy by Dr. Blottner and pharmacy assistent Stenzinger

1800

 

Establishment of a bathing- and healing institution by Professor Mogalla

1801

 

GP Dr. Blottner did the management and the observation in the bathing institutio

 

 

until his death in 1802

1802

01. Apr

pharmacist Johann Carl Stenzinger gets the concession of the pharmacy after the death of Dr. Blottner

1802

04. Jun

On his trip the Prahan bishop Wilhelm Florentin, born. Bishop of Salm-Salm stays here

1802

06. May

Laying of the cornerstone for the establishment of a bathing house in Kohlau (formerly known as Prottendorf)

 

 

by building inspector Geißler, mayor Johann Kinzel, Kämmerer and

 

 

bathing inspector May, Stadtpfarrer F. Volkmer, Senatoren Schwiederau, Zimmermann,

 

 

townvicars Weidlich and J.J. Latzel and Schulrektor Joh. Latzel.

1802/3

 

Establishment of a fountain and bathing house and a society room, led by building inspector Geisler

 

 

Additionally, establishment of some houses

 

 

Foundation of a Chaussee between Reinerz and the Bad

1805

11. Apr

A regulation for the bathing institution is enacted.

1806

11. Nov

the hotel "Zur Pappel" burns down

1810

 

The first bathing inspector May resigns his position as he is elected the mayor of the down

1810

 

The “Große-Wiesenquelle” is bought.

1813

29. Jun

The King of Prussia visits the Bad and the fountain houses during a trip.

1813

14. Aug

The Russian emperor visits the Bad.

1815

 

Bad inspector Koppe retires, his tasks are fulfilled by the

 

 

 former director Fritsch

1815

21.22. Oct.

the Russian emperorder Alexander visits the Bad

1815

22. Oct.

Franz Tautz takes care of the pharmacy.

1816

 

Beginning of the building of the Douchehauses

1816

 

Discovery of the Ulrikenquelle (in use from 1868 onwards)

1816

 

Establishment of several houses , some of which built by the forsterer Hubert Bürgel for treatment guests

1816

 

General marshall von Blücher visits the Bad.

1818

 

The fountain beginning on Aulich’s estate is put in a

 

 

reservoir gefaßt, led into a different direction and gets the name “Ulrikenquelle”

 

 

after a godmother General Excellenz Ulrike von Hühnerbein

1819

 

Establishment of another house for treatment guests (Tempelhaus) in the place

 

 

of the music pavilion of 1862

1821

24. Oct

take over of the Bad administration by the town t

1822

 

Establishment of a closed walking hall

1823

 

stay of the young composer F. Mendelssohn-Bartholdy

1823

 

New walking ways on the Kohlenberg (Altarberg and Harbigshöhe

 

 

1864 = Düppelhöhe)

1826

Aug.

The composer Chopin stays in the Bad and plays his first public concert

 

 

(in the place where the  große Bürgelhaus has been built)

1827

 

Enlargement of the broad walk and the Berghaus

 

 

5 Fountains are in use ( 2 drinking water fountains: alte and Laue Quelle werden 5 Quellen)

 

 

and 3 Bathing Fountains, the große and the kleine: Wiesenquelle, the Ulrikenquelle)

1828

09. Apr

Buy of the fountainhouse (former residence Aulich) as well as the terrain

 

 

Wiesenquelle and the Ulrikenquelle of Ignaz Aulich by the townt

1828

 

Employment of an new music band from Turnau in Böhmen

1830

 

Estamblishment of remises and a Remisen and a stall house for the Badegasthof

1830

30. Jun.

Bath inspector Fritsch dies, v. Riwotzky is his successor

1830

 

Discovery of the Großen Wiesenquelle

1831

 

Establishment of the Molkenhauses by chief bricklayer Dinter

 

 

Enlargement of the fountain paivilon of the  Lauen Quelle

1832

 

Jewish citizens and treatment guests buy an estate on the Ziegelberg

 

 

by Anton Beinlich as cemetry

1832

 

Discovery of the Kleine Wiesenquelle

1834

 

Forsterer Bürgel builds a new Logiehouse

1835

 

treatment stay of the poet and researcher Adalbert von Chamisso in

 

 

Kastner’s "Marienhaus"

1836

 

Bath inspector Aulich leaves the rest of his property<and immigrates to America

1841

 

Buying of the estate by Tschöpe and later tear-down of the old buildings

1843

 

Buying of a field in Vorderkohlau with the Schuhmacherhäuschen of the carpenter Franz Kastner by the townt

1844

30. Aug

King Friedrich Wilhelm IV. visits the Bad

1847

 

Beginning of the establishment of a Badegasthof (hotel) (laterr Posthof)

1847

 

Bath doctor Dr. Welzeldies , his successors are Dr. Rhades from Stettin and Dr.

 

 

Gottwald from Reinerz,

1847

23. Oct

Traiteurhaus is torn down

1848

 

The successor of Dr. Rhades is Dr. Schayer from Berlin

1849

 

Establishment of a new Colonnade in Venice style

1852

 

Quarrels between the Bath doctors within the master council

 

 

mayor Sandmann is deposed from his office

1852

 

tear-down of the old Doktorhauses doctor hous), broadwalks are improved

1852

 

Discovery of the Rasenquelle

1852

02. Aug

pharmacist Friedrich Schmidt buys the pharmacy

1856

 

Donation for the establishment of a catholic chapel led by the 

 

 

canonist v. Montbach in Breslau

1856

 

Decision to sell estates for the establishment of

 

 

Logirhäusern below the Promenadenhof (chief carpenter Viecenz)

1856

15. Apr

pharmacist Hermann Luge buys the pharmacy

1857

 

Beginning of the establishment of a new brickhouse, Enlargement of the drinking hall of the Lauen Quelle

1857

 

sell of public estates for the establishment of v Logirhäuser to

 

 

carpenter Ignaz Sandmann, Businessman Breier (Louisenhof), Organist Viecenz (Friedrichsruh)

1857

12. Nov

sudden death of the the acknowledged paramedic council Dr. Schayer

1857

 

to 1859/60 surgeon Carl Blasius Knur (born in Oppeln 27.01.1805)

1858

30. Jun.

Buying of the Dittrichhaus (later old inspection from 1878 Lindenruh)

 

 

by the town thorugh court council Dittrich (erbaut von Marwan)

1858

 

A new way to Hinterkohlau and necessary buying by Dinter

1860

01. Oct

Ms. August Hermann Seefeldt buys the pharmacy

1861

 

tear-down of the inspection house and beginning of the building of the mineral bath

 

 

Buying of a part of the Pfarrwidmuth-Wiese for the establishment of a moor bath

1861

 

The Silesian poet Carl von Holtei stayed for treatment (stay in the later

 

 

"Holteihof")

1862

 

tear-down of the Tempelhauses (building behind the bigg Bürgelhaus) and

 

 

establishment of the music pavilion

1862

 

tear-down of the old Mangelhauses, which had been bought by von Josef Wiehr

 

 

from the town

1862

 

Hiring of the Brunnen-Versendung to businessman Daniel Scholz, Reinerz

1863

 

All estates in the area of the Prälaten-Quellen 

 

 

belong to the town

1863

15. Jun

Hugo Barthusel buys the pharmacy

1863

04. Aug

Visit of Ms. Prinzessin Carl, stay in the "Schwarzen Bär"

1863

15. Aug

Bath doctor Dr. Kunze dies

1864

01. Oct

Bus owner Rabe takes up his office

1865

 

Establishment of a new telegraph station in Reinerz

 

 

Dr. Drescher in Eisersdorf becomes the 2nd bath doctor

1866

 

The whole bath is used as a lacarett due to war consequences.

 

 

for about 9.000injured people, until 27th Aug. 246 Austrian

 

 

and Prussian soldiers died, new lacarett deseases developed Lazarett-Krankheiten, cholera

 

 

developed in the end of July , in Reinerz 31 people died, the Bad remained untouchedt

 

 

The Bath-instituti is in a worse condition

1866

10. Dec.

Paul Dengler becomes mayor and takes up his office on Feb 4th, 1867

1867

 

Buying of a meadow from the acre owner  Anton Herrmann for the later

 

 

Building of the palm tree house, Douchehauses and the second machine house through the town

1867

27. Nov

poet Carl von Holtei and Dr. Teller get the honoured citizenship

1867

 

Renewment of the Bath

1868

10. Jan

Hermann Winkler buys the pharmacy.

1868

 

Chnaging of the inner- style of the  Lauen Quelle

1868

 

Enlargement of the Ulrikenbrunnens, changing and anlargement of the Molkenerwärmung,

 

 

The bathing tubs are imroved by working master Ruland

1868

30. Nov

Buying of new economic estates from Exner for sheep by the town..

1869

17. Feb

New Bath inspecton is businessman Kremper from Gräfenberg (successor

 

 

of Kämmerer Bernhardt)

1869

11. Jul

sell of building sites for hotel Haus Edenhall (teacher Langer), Villa Drescher

 

 

(premedical council Drescher)

1869

 

Buying of estates from Herrmann, Hannuleck and Schmidt through the town

1870

 

Building of house "Germania" on the estate bought by Tschöp

 

 

Enlargement of the lightning thorugh 36 lamps n

1870

 

Discovery of the Ludwigsquelle by mayor Dengler

1871

 

the Kirchvogel-Quelle is own by the town

1871

19. Sep

Buying of the Spanich meadow by the town ,Enlargement of the shorewalls of the river Weistritz

1872

 

Building of a second Kesselhausdby chief bricklayer (Beigeordneter) Burghardt

1872

24. Oct

Buying of an este form Ms. v Klofetius for a connection between the Bath

 

 

and the town

1872

 

Discovery of the fountain "Deutschland" (Germany) by mayor Dengler

1873

 

Bath inspector Kremper sretires, succesor townsecretary Ernst Heinel

 

 

Buying of an iron temple of the bathing chapel

1873

 

Selling of a building site for the later establishment of hpuse "Edenhall"to teacher Langer

1873

 

Buying of the property of the businessman Seidelmann

1873

04. Oct

Arwedt Schrödter buys the pharmacy

1874

 

A new way to the Schmelze, with the consentment of the ownerEgells

1874

 

Beginning of weather documentation by gardener  Arlt

1874

 

Buliding of house "Belvedere" by the painterr Johann Fuchs,

1875

 

Bauilding of house "Hygiea" (court council Heine und Dr. Berg) - former. Kastner -

1875

 

Bulding of the palm tree house and the Douchegebäudes,

1875

 

Bathgardener Fichtner dies as well as the shepherd lgel

 

 

in Praha and the honoured citizen  Dr. Teller

1876

 

Building of the house "Kaiserhof" (carpenter Sandmann) - former. Kastner -

1876

 

Buying of a meadow from Restaurator Hannuleck by the town

1876

 

Princess Anna of Mecklenburg-Schwerin stayed for treatment

1877

 

Establishment of a new telegraph connection in the Bath

1877

 

Buying of a new estate by saddle master Ullrichat the broad walk

1877

 

Building of restaurant "Victoria" (later Villa Elsa)

1878

 

Enlargement of the bridge across Weistritz in the area od the town/connection

 

 

to the Bath ,buying by tanner Kirchvogel as well as Rabe and Breier

1880

12. Feb

Poet and honoured citizen Carl von Holtei dies in Breslau

1880

 

The Eisenschmelze ( iron melting point) is alienated by the firm wird von der Firma Bleichröder an Frau Houben veräußert.

1880

 

The hospital is rebuilt

1881

 

Building of the house "König von Sachsen" (Inspector Hänsel) - former. Kastner -

1881

 

Building of the house "Daheim" (Restaurateur Niesel); Bau des Hauses "Villa

 

 

Kolbe", later "Villa Dora" (Badearzt Dr. Kolbe); Building of the house

 

 

"Zum Kronprinz von Preußen" (Mühlenbesitzer Gottschlich),

1881

07. Sep

Decision about buying estates bordering the Kurplatztz

 

 

from Schmidt by the town..

1882

 

carpenter Galle overtakes Josef Hirschberg’s tasks after his death

1883

31. Jan

two major earthquakes

1883

 

Building of the house "Eldorado" (Lehrer Langer) - former Kastner -

1883

01. Jun

Ticket controller Galle retires,his successor is

 

 

carpenter August Langer from Biebersdorf,

1883

13. Jul

the second Bath doctor Dr. Wilhelm Drescher dies

 

 

the gazebo Drescher-Berg is named after him

1883

13. Jul

Lightning hits the townhall, but does not destroy anything

1883

 

Partly planting of the mountain by the firm owner Schmidt 

 

 

with wood, some ways and the cabin "Qui si sana"

1884

 

Buying of the nightwatchman’s Gottschlich house

1884

Sep

Tear down of the house bought by Klofetius and preparation of the building site for the new walking hall.

1884

 

Renewal of the house Fortuna on the Altarberg

1884

 

Works at the Weistritz in the area of the Kurplatzb

1885

15. Sep

Tear down of the closed ndown walking hall (Colonnade)

 

 

Tear down of the Gottschlich House "Theclas Ruh" and building of the Fahrstr.

1885

 

Use of the newly built walking hall and 17 shops.

1885

 

Building of parks following the plans of garden inspector Hampel in Berlin (later Großherzoglicher Schwerinischer

 

 

royal garden director.)

1885

 

Building of a water line on the Düppelhöhe

1885

 

consentment of the place for the later train station.

1885

 

Planning of a new connection street to the Bad

1887

 

Building of the house "Villa Aust" (business man Aust) - former Kastner -

1887

 

Building of a new wood transportion way between the Hohen Mense and Bad Reinerz (Kayserweg)

1890

 

Buying of a meadow (later Holteiplatz and Holteiteich) from restaurateur Hannuleck through lawyer Fröhlich.

1890

09. Sep

22-year-old horse carriage man Sandmann vdies on a trip with treatment guests

1890

23. Aug

Buying of the Niedermühle (Hintermühle) by the town and later usa as provisory hospital

1890

22. Okt

Buying of a meadow later Holteiplatz and Holteiteich from lawyer Fröhlich by the town die Stadtformer owner Hannuleck

1890

 

Discovery of a fountain by mayoer Dengler

1891

05. March

Selling of Villa Dora from Dr. Kolbe to Rentier Schöneck

1891

12. March

Selling of the house Eldoradofrom the heirs Langer to Mrs. Kämmereikassenrendant Badora

1891

31. March

Restauration Friedrichshöhe burns down .

1891

21. Mai

cabin master Ruland dies,administrator of the Schrothaus..

1891

25. May

 Dr. Pohl. becomes Bath doctor.

1891

 

Beginning of the work around Holteiteich

1891

20. Jul

major rain, but no destruction

1891

29. Oct

Selling of Villa Aust through Kaufmann Aust to the siblings r Schifter from Brieg.

1893

 

poet Christian Morgenstern stays in Bad Reinerz

1893

26. Oct

the first Bath doctor Dr. Berg dies in Berlin.

1894

25. Apr

royal president Juncker von Ober-Conreut becomes an hounoured citizen

1894

03. Mai

major rainfalls in Hinterkohlau

1894

 

Selling of the "Friedrichsruh from business man Viezens to wall paper man Ullrich

1894

 

Selling of "Villa Kronprinz von Preußen" from Erben Müller-Brand (Gottschlich) to music director Löwenthal and Frl. Renner,

1894

 

Establishment of a Gurgelhalle and a tennis court

1894

10. Sep

State minister Freiherr von Berlepsch visits the Bad.

1895

31. Jan

Batch inspector Ernst Heinel dies, Rendant Stelzer is his decessor

1895

20. Feb

Buying of a dricing way below the Waldmühle from A. Weimann by the town and improvement

1896

 

of a new greenhouse.

1896

 

Plastering of the new driving way with Quarzenit

1896

 

Planting on the former lands of the Niedermühle (Kaiser Friedrichberg)

1896

 

Buying of the Schneider-Hanisch-Hauses and the Bademeister-Kastner-Hauses by the town

1897

Jun.

Opening of the restaurant "Neue Schmelze"

1897

21. Oct

Buying of estates from the mill owner  A. Schmidt for establishment of drinking water lines of the Wolfsquellen to Reinerz by the town .

1897

 

Buying of acre owner August Latte (Berglehne am Friedrichsberg)

 

 

and estates and bulidings factory owner A. Schmidt in the Kohlau Tal,

 

 

factory , and "Pappel"

1897

19. Jun

Building of a 30 Ztr.heavy monument for the componist  Friedrich Chopin by Viktor von Magnus from Warschau

1897

 

House "Villa Elsa" (former "Victoria") is sold from lieutanant Scholz to restaurateur Moritz Beer from Meran

1898

 

Building of a water connection

1898

22. Feb

former Kämmerer Bernhardt dies

1898

 

Selling of house "Zum König von Sachsen" to carpenter master Liß in Stettin

1898

 

House "Pappel" is used as military treatment house

1898

 

The pharmacy is sold by Schrödter to pharmacist Eger .

1898

 

Bath guide Kastner dies

1899

01. May

Franz Eger buys the pharmacy

1899

 

Beginning of the building of a chapel (after a great amount was given thorugh heir),

1900

 

Building of the park hotel by hotel master Liche - former Kastner -

1900

 

House "Carlsruh" is sold by the heirs of the businessman Müller, which

 

 

which he had got from the owner . It’s sold to the barkeeper Hauschke, Gellenau, .

1900

17. Apr

the highly honoured town administration worker Giersch dies.

1900

 

Beginning of the building for the later Dengler-Teiches according to the plans of the royal garden director Hampel

1901

15. Jan

Bath doctorDr. Secchi retires due to health reasons.

1901

 

The mansion built by a sanitary council,bought by Ms Klofetius is now bought by Moritz Schulhof from Nachod

1901

 

Buying of a 14 ac meadow from acreowner Dinter

 

 

for the establishment of a hospital (Grauen Schwestern z. hl. Elisabeth)

 

 

and beginning of the building (in the ground there is the statue of the holy Johannes von

 

 

Nepomuk , which used to be on the bridge across Romswasser )

1901

27. Dec

cornerstone of the railway connection between  Rückers and Reinerz

1902

01. Jan

pharmacist Ratmann Arwed Schrödter dies

1902

 

Building of a Selters fountain at the beginning of the alley (former estate Seidelmann) by Selters producer Beran.

1902

 

Building of the main building of the hospital

1902

01. Oct

Opening of the railway connection Reinerz - Rückers

1903

02. Mrz

Sanitary council Dr. Secchi dies in San Remo.

1905

10. Jul

Opening of the railway connection to Bad Kudowa

1909

 

Establishment of the Holteisprudel (70 m depth)

1909/10

 

Improvement of the Lauen fountain up to a depth of ca. 150 m

1911

30. Jul

Introduction of a new treatment house in the presence of Prince and Princess Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia

1924

 

Beginning of the use of the compression machine to make gas acid liquid

Famous guests of the Bad and the town

 King Casimir of Poland (1662), Fürst Blücher (1816), Großfürst Pawlowsky (1821), Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (1823), Frédéric Chopin (1826), Marshall of Gneisenau (1830), von Moltke (1888), Dichter: Adalbert von Chamisso, Karl von Holtei (1861, 1863), Max Heinzel