The area of Goldbach contains a region of 137ha and is north of the town Reinerz. The part of the town has a height of 750m.
Goldbach was founded by in Leopold von Hochberg (builder of the castle Waldstein)1834.During the giving of names the town was supposed to be called Steinbach. This was rejected as there had already been a town Steinbach in the county of Habelschwerdt.
Zu Goldbach gehörte die Kolonie: Langenbusch.